|This page is a YC Profile.
YC profiles are created by our members to showcase themselves and their work.
For more information or to see other profiles, visit our index of profiles.
Born in Damascus in 1975, Zaid Jabri began his musical education by studying the violin with teacher, R. Sukar in his home town. He is a graduate of the Music Academy in Cracow where he studied composition with Zbigniew Bujarski. Jabri is presently working on his PhD under the supervision of Professor Krzysztof Penderecki at Music Academy in Cracow.
He won First Prize at the Adam Didur Composers’ Competition in Sanok in 1997 for his piece "Two Songs for soprano and string orchestra." In 1999 he participated in the International Musikwerkstatt Buckow in Germany. His works have been performed in Poland, Germany, Egypt, Tunisia, France, Italy, the United States, Armenia (by Armenian National Symphony Orchestra), Syria (by Syrian National Symphony Orchestra), Slovakia, Ukraine, and Holland (by Nieuw Ensemble in Amsterdam),Kiev by (Kiev Kamerata) and the United Kingdom by (English Chamber Orchestra).
- Two Songs for soprano and string orchestra (1997)
- Adar for string orchestra (1998)
- Trio Bayat for clarinet, violin and cello (1999)
- Beati Pacifici for mixed choir (2000)
- Gesture for violin and piano (2000)
- Concerto for Violin and Large Symphony Orchestra (2000)
- For Nahel for trumpet and piano (2001)
- Miroir for mixed choir (2001)
- Les temps des pierres for baritone and piano (2001)
- Gesture II for violin and piano (2002)
- Chamber Music for string orchestra (2003)
- Computer Music No. 1 for tape (2003)
- Levante for two violins and large symphony orchestra (2003)
- Levante II for large symphony orchestra (2003)
- Concerto for Clarinet and Large Symphony Orchestra (2004)
- Levante III for violin and large symphony orchestra (2004)
- Oriento Grosso for clarinet, cello and orchestra (2004)
- Concerto for Violin and Symphony Orchestra No. 2 (2005)
- Glyptos for flute and percussion (2005)(commissioned by the Warsaw Autumn Festival)
- Les Temps Des Pierre for Baritone and Symphony Orchestra (2007)
- Song Without Words 2 for Clarinet and String Orchestra (2007)