|This page is a YC Profile.
YC profiles are created by our members to showcase themselves and their work.
For more information or to see other profiles, visit our index of profiles.
Svitlana was born on 9 January 1976 in Ukraine and is primarily a composer of Chamber Music but has composed several works for symphony orchestras.
She has participated in several festivals and workshops such as:
- "On the Threshold of the 21th Century" (Nizhnij Novgorod, Russia, 1999)
- "Informal Meeting of European Composers" (Baku, Azerbaijan, 2000; Krakow, Poland, 2001)
- "International Forum of Young Composers" (Kiev, Ukraine, 2001, 2003, 2005)
- 7-10th International Festival of Modern Art, "Two Days and Two Nights of New Music" (Odessa, Ukraine, 2001-2003, 2005)
- Creative Youth Forum (Kiev, Ukraine, 2002)
- Avantgarde Tirol (Tirol 2005)
Svitlana's works are performed all over East and West Europe as well as the USA. She is also a member of the Association New Music Ukraine Section of ISCM and Ukrainian Composers' Union. Additionally, she is a member of the board of the International Organisation Talent-aid for talented composers, musicians and other artists
Up to date information can be found at her site http://www.azarova.com