|This page is a YC Profile.
YC profiles are created by our members to showcase themselves and their work.
For more information or to see other profiles, visit our index of profiles.
Hugh Boyle is an Irish composer born in 1984. Originally from Donegal, Boyle moved to Northern Ireland in 2003. Boyle has a Masters in Composition ('07) and Bachelor of music ('06) from the University of Ulster and is currently pursuing a three year Ph.D. at Queens University Belfast under the supervision of Professor Piers Hellawell.
- West Cork Chamber Music Composition Competition for 2009 (Piano Trio Section)
- DEL Postgraduate Studentship (2008-2011)
- Feis Ceoil IMRO Award 2008
- IMRO/Mostly Modern Young Irish Composers' Competition 2006
- Sine Nomine Award (2006; recieved from the Universiy of Ulster)
- April 26th by the New York Miniaturist Ensemble at Jan Hus Church (New York) as part of the ‘Composer’s Voice’ concert series
- July 2007 by Chetam's School of Music at the 2007 WASBE conference held in the INEC, Killarney
- March 2006 by VOX21 at the Bank of Ireland Arts Centre (Dublin) during the 2006 Mostly Modern Festival.