List of Compositions by James Householder
"I created this list on Young Composers more as a benefit to myself so I could track my own progress and compositional direction over time, and also to show others what my complete list of composed music might look like. It is by most means complete and lists almost every scrap of music I've written if up to date." - James Householder, composer.
Complete Listing by Index Number
Works are hereby divided into four categories, the most recent and mature, the earliest, those that fall between, and those that have no place among the others. Those works on this list that are complete and deserve special recognition are placed on an Opus list once they are finished. This list can be found on the composer's main page: James Householder IV.
Works that are
scratched out are incomplete or weaker compositions that may be reworked at a later time.
IN.1 Fantasia in C major IN.2 Fantasia in A minor
- IN.3 Two Fantasias
- No.1 in C major "Spring Spirits"
- No.2 in Ab major
- IN.4 Five Preludes
- No.1 in G major "Trillium"
- No.2 in Ab major "The King's Courts"
- No.3 in D dorian "Suffocation"
- No.4 in A minor "Fantasie" (unfinished/WIP)
- No.5 in C major "Largo" (unfinished/WIP)
- IN.5 Three Marches
- No.1 in F# minor "Die Donnerschlag" (unfinished/WIP)
- No.2 in B minor "Marche Espanole"
- No.3 in F# minor "Tanze Marziale"
IN.6 Piano Concertinietto in D major
- IN.7 String Quartet in G major
- I Vivace
- II Allegretto Grazio
- III Rondo Allegro
- IN.8 Valse in G minor 'Allegretto Grave'
IN.9 Etudes for Four Hands No.1 in C major "Arpeggio" No.2 in D minor "Tarrantella" No.3 in E minor No.4 in C# minor(unfinished/WIP)
IN.10 String Quartet in C# minor(unfinished/WIP) I Allegretto Fantasia
- IN.11 Two Valses
- No.1 in C major "Tarantino"
- No.2 in G major
IN.12 Suite in Eb minor "Nocturnium"(unfinished/WIP) I Largo(unfinished/WIP)
- IN.13 Rhapsodies for Concert Band
- No.1 in E minor "Totentanze"
- No.2 in C minor
- No.3 in Ab minor
- No.4 in C major
No.5 in F# minor(unfinished/WIP)
- No.6 in A minor (unfinished/WIP)
- No.7 in Bb major
- IN.14 Poco Pezzis
- No.1 'Minuet in F'
- No.2 'March in F'
No.3 'Allegro in C'(unfinished/WIP) No.4 'Song in C'(unfinished/WIP)
- IN.15 Themes and Melodies
- No.1 in E phrygian
- No.2 in F# minor (unfinished/WIP)
- No.3 in D minor
- No.4 in E minor
IN.16 Etude for Mallets Ensemble "Tropica"(unfinished/WIP)
- IN.17 String Quintet in A major (unfinished/WIP)
- II Romanze
- IN.18 Depictions of Persons, suite
- No.1 in G minor "Andy Smith"
- No.2 in C major "Samantha McClain
- No.3 in E minor "Anthony Triano"
- No.4 in G major "Toshua Knopp"
- No.5 in E major "Erika Sheare"
- No.6 in C major "Lindsay Brewer"
- No.7 in A major (unfinished/WIP)
- No.8 in G major "Dylan Craig"
- No.9 in D major "Sarah Sopher"
- No.10 in C# major "Samuel Agusto"
- No.11 in E major "Linsey Schrum
- No.12 in C major "Megan Doran"
- No.13 in F major "Alex Kinney (unfinished/WIP)
- No.14 in D minor "Matt Sabatine" (unfinished/WIP)
- No.15 in D major "Arianna Mognet" (unfinished/WIP)
- No.16 in F major "Racheal Smith"
- No.17 in C major "Ashley Johnson" (unfinished/WIP)
- No.18 in F# minor "Josh Chappell" (unfinished/WIP)
- No.19 in F major "Kayla MacLennan" (unfinished/WIP)
- No.20 in F minor "Samuel Roha"
- No.21 in C# major "Kayla Pickett" (unfinished/WIP)
- No.22 in E lydian "Ashley Linden"
- IN.19 Valse in G minor "Valse in Blue Notes"
IN.20 Sonatina in C major(unfinished/WIP) I Allegro(unfinished/WIP) III Rondo(unfinished/WIP)
- IN.21 Celeste, suite (unfinished/WIP)
- I "Planetary Movements"
IN.22 Suite in A minor for Mixed Ensemble(unfinished/WIP) IN.23 Rondo for Piano(unfinished/WIP)
- IN.24 Duet in E minor for Flute and Guitar (unfinished/WIP)
IN.25 Concerto for Clarinet(unfinished/WIP) I Allegro(unfinished/WIP) II Largo(unfinished/WIP)
- IN.26 Duet for Two Bassoons
- I Allegro soave
- II Andante scherzando
III Largo melancolico - furioso e irato - pesante
- III Presto giocoso
- IN.27 Pieces for Brass Choir
- I Coronation in Bb major
- II Todesmarsch in D minor
- III Der Erlkönig in D minor
- IN.28 "Reflections of New Years" for Three Violoncelli and Two Contrabassi
- IN.29 "Variations on John Brown's Body" for Horn and String Orchestra
- IN.30 "Night and Day" for full orchestra (unfinished/WIP)
- IN.31 Rondo for Tuba and Piano (unfinished/WIP)
Notable W.o.I. and Other Works
- WoI.06 Valse for Orchestra (unfinished/WIP)
- WoI.07 Funk for Jazz Band (unfinished/WIP)
- WoI.08 Valse for Orchestra (unfinished/WIP)
- WoI.09 Random Orchestra Piece (unfinished/WIP)
- WoI.11 Some Boogie Woogie for Jazz Band (unfinished/WIP)
- WoI.13 Brass Quintet in Eb (unfinished/WIP)
- WoI.14 Dance for Orchestra (unfinished/WIP)
- WoI.15 Duet for Two Horns (unfinished/WIP)
- WoI.16 Concerto for Bb Horn and Orchestra (unfinished/WIP)
- WoI.17 Five Note Funk (composed for a YC challenge)
- WoI.18 Marimba Moments (composed for a YC challenge)
- WoI.24 Sad Incidental Music (unfinished/WIP)
- Techno Musaak I
- Techno Musaak II
- Techno Musaak III
- Harmonization on a Theme by Upstart, "Dutch Jig" for Three Recorders
- Celtic Variation on Seikilos Epithet" for Baroque Orchestra
Listing by Date
This list still utilizes opera as opposed to index numbers. This is due to the composer's laziness and lack of desire to convert all items to IN. and current opus listing formats.
- February 2004
- Op.13, Rhapsody No.1 in E minor "Totentanze" for Concert Band
- March 2004
- Op.4, Prelude No.3 in Ab minor
- April 2004
- Op.14-1, Minuet in F
- Op.14-2, March in F
- Op.13, Rhapsody No.2 in C minor for Concert Band
- Op.13, Rhapsody No.3 in Ab minor for Concert Band
- May 2004
- Op.9, Etude No.3 in E minor for Four Hands
- Op.15, Themes and Melodies, No.1 in E phrygian
- Op.13, Rhapsody No.4 in C major for Concert Band
- Op.16, Etude for Mallets Ensemble, "Tropica"
- June 2004
- Op.18, No.5 in E major, "Erika Shearer"
- Op.17, String Quintet No.1 in A major, I., II.
- WoO.3, Sonata draft
- Op.15, Themes and Melodies, No.2 in F# minor
- Op.18, No.1 in G minor, "Andy Smith"
- Op.18, No.2 in C major, "Samantha McClain"
- WoO.4, Presto for Wind (Op.18-2 alternate draft)
- Op.12, Nocturnium in Eb, II. draft
- Op.18, No.3 in E minor, "Anthony Triano"
- Op.18, No.4 in G major, "Toshua Knopp"
- July 2004
- Op.18, No.6 in C major, "Lindsay Brewer"
- Op.18, No.7 in A major, "Unassigned" (originally "Ashley Heater")
- Op.18, No.8 in G major, "Dylan Craig"
- Op.18, No.9 in D major, "Sarah Sopher"
- Op.18, No.10 in C# major, "Samuel Agosto"
- Op.18, No.11 in E major, "Linsey Shrum"
- Op.13, Rhapsody No.6 in A minor for Concert Band
- Op.19-1, Valse No.1 in G minor
- Op.14-3, March in C draft
- August 2004
- Op.18, No.12 in C major, "Megan Doran"
- Op.20, Sonatina in C draft
- September 2004
- Techno Musaak 1
- Op.21, Celeste, I.
- Op.18, No.13 in F major, "Alex Kinney"
- October 2004
- Op.22, Suite in A minor draft
- WoO.5, Duet for Two Clarinets draft
- Op.21, Celeste, II. draft
- November 2004
- Op.23, Rondo for Piano draft
- Op.21, Celeste, III. draft
- Op.18, No.15 in D major, "Arianna Mognet"
- December 2004
- Op.18, No.14 in D minor, "Matt Sabatine"
- Op.18, No.16 in F major, "Rachael Smith"
- Op.18, No.17 in C major, "Ashley Johnson"
- Op.18, No.18 in F# minor, "Josh Chappel" draft
- Op.13, Rhapsody No.7 in Bb major for Concert Band
- Op.14-4, Song in C draft
- January 2005
- Op.18, No.19 in F major, "Kayla MacLennan"
- February 2005
- WoO.6, Valse for Orchestra draft
- WoO.7, Funky Piece for Jazz Band
- April 2005
- Op.24, Duet in E minor for Flute and Guitar draft
- Op.15, Themes and Melodies, No.3 in D minor
- Op.15, Themes and Melodies, No.4 in E minor
- May 2005
- Op.18, No.20 in F minor, "Samuel Roha"
- WoO.8, Valse for Orchestra draft
- June 2005
- WoO.9, Random Orchestral Draft
- Re-orchestration of Op.18-6
- Re-working of Op.8 valse.
- July 2005
- Op.18, No.21 in C# major, "Kayla Pickett"
- Op.18, No.22 in E mixolydian, "Ashley Lindon"
- Op.5, March No.4 in Ab minor
- WoO.10, Drumline music
- August 2005
- Re-orchestration of Op.18-1
- Re-orchestration of Op.18-12
- WoO.11, Boogie Woogie music for Jazz Band
- A study (1) in harmony, C major, A harmonic minor
- Op.15, Themes and Melodies, No.5 in G mixolydian, "On a theme by Roha"
- October 2005
- Re-orchestration of Op.18-2
- Op.25, Clarinet Concerto, I. draft
- January 2006
- Op.25, Clarinet Concerto, II. draft
- Op.13, Rhapsody No.8 for Concert Band draft
- February 2006
- Op.26, Duet for Two Bassoons, I.
- March 2006
- Op.26, Duet for Two Bassoons, II.
- April 2006
- Techno Musaak 2
- A study (2) in harmony, D minor
- October 2006
- Techno Musaak 3 (as requested by Tom Gramlich)
- December 2006
- WoO.15, Duet for Two Horns
- January 2007
- WoO.16, Concerto for Horn and Orchestra draft
- WoO.13, Brass Quintet in Eb started
- WoO.14, Dance for Orchestra draft
- July 2007
- Op.26, Duet for Two Bassoons, III. (old III.) - Op.26, Duet for Two Bassoons, IV. (new III.)
- August 2007
- Band orchestration of Op.18-12, added new material
- Op.27, Coronation in Bb for Brass Choir
- October 2007
- Attempted orchestration of Op.7
- December 2007
- WoO.17, Five Note Funk
- WoO.18, Marimba Moments
- Draft of piece based on a Db - C major modulation for wind quintet
- January 2008
- Op.28, "Reflections of New Years" for three 'celli, two basses
- Op.29, "Variations on John Brown's Body" for Horn and Orchestra
- February 2008
- WoO.19, Concerto in Bb for Tuba draft
- WoO.20, Waltz in some minor for orchestra
- WoO.21, Duet for Bassoon and Contra in F# minor draft
- WoO.22, Duet for Flute and alto flute draft
- March 2008
- WoO.23, Sad Major melody for woodwinds
- WoO.24, Sad Incidental Music
- Moto perpetuo idea started
- Op.27, Todesmarsch for Brass Choir
- April 2008
- WoO.25, Copland-esque piece started
- May 2008
- Op.27, Der Erlkönig for Brass Choir
- WoO.26, Fugue in 7/8 draft
- June 2008
- IN.30, "Night and Day" started
- IN.31, Rondo for tuba and piano started
- IN.32, 3 piano pieces started
- Op.27, Erlkoenig finished